BREAKING NEWS

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Unit 3 Reflection




In this unit, we learned all about cells - everything from their structure to their function(s) to their organelles. Some of the major sub topics covered in this unit were membranes, osmosis and diffusion, macromolecules found in the cell, the organelles in a cell, the history of cells, photosynthesis, and cellular respiration. In this unit, I really enjoyed doing all of the labs, especially the microscopic organism lab. The ability to magnify the organism, really solidified my learning, and was able to give me a deeper understanding.

Strengths and Weaknesses:

I really found myself to be good at understanding pictures under the microscope, and identifying key parts of the cells. However, I could never really get good pictures under the microscope, as my hands could never stay still. :(

Another strength I found in myself was my ability to interpret data. For the egg diffusion and egg macromolecule lab, this skill helped me understand why certain macromolecules were present in parts of the egg, and why egg grow and shrink in different types of liquids.

I think I am a better student than before this unit, especially because of the labs we did. The labs allowed me to test certain theories that I was not sure were true. They also provided me with a way to look closer and the cells. I also learned a life lesson from these experiences. There is always a reason. In this unit I refused to accept the answer, "That is just the way it is" and set out find why it is that reason. And I learned that there is always a reasonable explanation.

I want to learn more about the organelles of a cell and their specific functions. I want to look at the organelles closer in an electron microscope and see where the magic happens of photosynthesis. I always wonder about what we will find, when we keep looking closer at the cell.

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2014 Siva's Biology Blog. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates